Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I try to keep an open mind so someone please explain to me the value of a very heavy rifle with a stock suited to position shooting being marketed as a hunting rifle? Have we gone 180 degrees from the zephyr weight rifles that were so popular just a very few years ago?

What I'm seeing isn't a spot and stalk rifle that is well suited for leaping moderate chasms with a set of antlers on your back as shown on their web page but a sit in one place rifle that lets you shoot anything within visible range.

Seriously, is that the market these days? If it is, it is. I'm just curious what demographic this appeals to.

Trends seem to swing and I think there's a big segment of the hunting world that agrees that 7-8lbs is a preferable weight.

I also think the popularity of Precision Rifle type matches demonstrates that you're better off being in great shape and humping a heavier rifle than shaving weight off whatever platform you're using to hunt.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the same thinking but it seems to be the trend.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house