Well, it finally happened.

A couple of weeks ago, my 86 year old Dad was hell-bent on going to the NWMACA gun show north of Kalispell, over my objections. He went with me once, and two other times by himself.

Sure enough, he's got COVID now, and is in the local COVID can. He was masked, so was I, but at his age with all his other problems?

After a week, he was sick as a dog, but his throat is always sore because he got chopped on for throat cancer, and he's always nauseous because he's on feeding tube goo, so at the emergency room last Monday, and he tends to run a little warm -- they didn't catch the diagnosis for Covid. That was eight hours of slobbery, snotty hotness I was cleaning up, right?
Next day, I go to VA to pre-brief for a Thursday follow up, then leave on a road trip with six meetings in five cities. On Thursday, Dad goes to VA and they sent him to the COVID unit.

I learned about this Sunday night when I called to check in and tell him I was back. So, here's the aftermath:

The neighbor lady, who took him to VA Thursday, tested positive and has symptoms, not bad, but she's got at least a bad cold she didn't deserve to get. The amazing part is, she's totally careful, she masked up and wiped down and did all the right things, but he infected her.

I'm probably infected, as I have a tiny head wetness, a little more snot than usual. I was tested yesterday (after being refused because I wasn't symptomatic enough). I had to burn up the phones calling all the people I met with, which was a royal pain.

Bottom line is, that Chinese crap JUMPS. Don't know yet if my old man will make it, they don't think he's going to die, but he's not going to have an easy time.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.