Being "slightly OCD" (:)) I like the "idea" of the front part of the TTSX having a bigger hole and a tip that helps expansion. I also like the "idea" of the LRX TTSX having slightly softer petals, again, insuring positive expansion. Now, I have "heard" of the older Barnes X to TTSX failing, but have never experienced but "2" times, both still ended with dead critters. First was a Black Hawaiian ram I shot in Texas, maybe 40 yds with a "new" 100gr TSX from a 257 Wby. It hit "sideways". This can happen with any long bullet up close, it was still in the "slight yaw". (Think of watching the Tomahawk launch from a warship, very exaggerated "yaw" but you get the picture) it still screwed him up, ha. 2nd time was an 85gr XBT going 2700 from a wildcat 6x47mm (222 mag/6mm) on two jack rabbits inside of 30 yds or closer. They zipped through w/o any apparent expansion. The same bullet worked swell on 2 Axis and an Oryx! So yes I like the tips, push them fast, and have a ball! smile I've shot many Plains Game, a couple cow elk, seen many more shot by others using Barnes, all went well. I dare say anything man-made is subject to failure. smile