Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It's pretty easy to get 2500 fps with 286s in the 9,3x62 at "safe" pressures with several powders. I know this because have had such loads actually pressure-tested, and they were right around .30-06 pressures of 60,000 PSI--which are considerably lower than the 65,000 PSI SAAMI max pressure of a number of other cartridges.

And actual pressure-tested data beats pressure-guessing: anytime, whether with "pressure signs" or QuickLoad.

Thanks Mule Deer,

I have read that some of the users on the forum make use of your loads. I have settled on a load that is around 2539fps with a 286gr Swift A-Frame and 286gr Woodleigh Hydros at 2515fps. I did some brief penetration tests with the A-Frame and Hydro with wet newspapers. Interestingly the A-Frame expanded slightly more that a expanded .375 A-Frame.

There is a 9.3x62 shooting day close to Pretoria this weekend. I have prepared desent newspaper wetpacks and we will be putting my 9.3x62 going at 2539fps with 286gr A-Frame's up against a .375H&H shooting 300gr A-Frame's at 2530fps to see which penetrates the most. Should be interesting, I dont expect to see any clear winner though.