Originally Posted by mathman
For what those Keurig cups cost I can brew a half pot of good coffee, drink what I want, throw the rest away and come out ahead flavor and money wise.

I thought the exact same thing, for the past several years, no BS. I was against the whole system. It made absolutely no sense to my technical mind. It wasn't until we got a free Keurig machine a few months ago that it has changed my opinion.

For one, there's really nothing to clean let alone rinse, at least on a daily basis. Yeah, I agree... not a big deal. But I like to keep a fairly clean pot/carafe and basket, so there's a little time spent there. None with the K-banger machine.

Second, you can have a house full of people with the cup of coffee that they like best. No suffering some pot of brew that you simply do not like. Another win for the K-banger.

Third, if I make too much in the dripper/press/perc then I suffer through it. Whether it's scorched on the hot plate of the dripper, or getting skanky in an insulated carafe, it's not as good as a fresh brew. I drink it, as I am too cheap to pour it down the drain. Or, simply hit the brew button on the K-banger machine, and I have exactly what I want within seconds. Win, again, for the K-banger machine.

And, a big win for me is that I might be working around the house in the afternoon and want a quick pick-me-up. Do I really want to set up the dripper? Or, babysit the perc? [bleep] no. Hit the button on the K-banger, and I've got exactly what I want and keep going with my projects.

I like it, but is it the Star Trek food replicator? No. But I can have a dang good mug of coffee, quick. And can still run a dripper, press, or perc as needed.

In other words... it's not an either/or. Unless we simply want it that way. I got them all grin

Last edited by 4th_point; 10/10/20.