Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I know everybody loves the Vudoo. I don't. I see an enormous receiver and magazines for a little ol' 22RF.

I know, I know, it's a 'trainer' for the 700/clone action. OK whatever, I don't train to that level. It just doesn't do much for me.

I simply shoot it all and can extrapolate side by each,as per whim. Hint.(grin)

Intellestingly,when measuring from front receiver ring or recoil lug(whichever is longer),these are how the chips fall. Annie 54's are 7-3/8" in length,from receiver ring to end of an uncocked bolt. A Vudoo is 7-1/4" to the front of the recoil lug and a RAR 7" to it's receiver ring. If only because I just stacked 'em all up and measured. To me,1/4" ain't a deal in receiver length. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Now the mags play more than a few roles,which attribute to Reliability and Precision,in conjunction with the Vudoo's CRF fodder transportation mechanism. Them designs bear fruit and exhibit zero boolit deformation,which do not hurt the equation. Hint.

Then there's the merit of the bedding surface,trigger selection and of course stock selection,which simply all feeds outta the S/A 700's rather deep trough of choices. Hint.

I'm of the opinion,that it don't hurt the equation,to have multiple chamberings mirror another's manual of arms. Same goes scopes. Much to be said for sharing ergo's too. Meld all of it together and you just might be "training",whether you know it,or not. Hint.

There's much to be said,for being atop the mountain looking down,rather than the bottom looking up. The S/S RAR Rimfires are Skookum,but the blued RPR version a Train Wreck,due the stock and CM. Poke 'em in a laminate and they do rather nice things,for rather few bucks and such things do not tend to piss me off. Shaw,GM,Mcgowen and the like aren't real barrels,nor close,or are RAR spouts,if only because that isn't their focus. I've got LOTS of Rimfire barrels and blank quality,reamer selection and Plumber skeelz matter. Which is a GROSS understatement. Hint.

NOBODY believes,until they get behind the trigger and then it ALL makes sense. You would simply schit in your own pants and the sole regret,would be that you didn't do it sooner. Kinda' like a fhuqking scope,that actually does what it's supposed to. There's nothing prior,to base the revelations upon and minds get blown immediately and of course reliably,as it can go NO other way. Hint.

Rest assured,I ain't guessin'...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."