Campfire Forum...? Seems you've lit a California Conflagration Blaze in dream rifle proposal details advice! smile

I'm not the equivalent 21st Century 'techie' as most here. I do join questioning the Rem action choice. Yet also understand 'dream', whatever. Been there, done that, with some pretty wild 'custom build' notions myself. Just that always met with darned 'reality'! Not a 'cost no object', club member here! More in 'coffee-can bankroll' mode. smile That said, I do feel competent to comment on several of the most commercial-common 7mm stuff! 7mm08; 7x57; 7RemMag; all great chamberings! Not into handloading or exotic ammo beyond perhaps 7x61 S&H with plenty of ammo!
I do wish you best of luck in that 'dream rifle, whatever it may be! My request, as you get your featherweight beast sorted out and built, please do return with it for show & tell.

Just a momentary postscript quik-pix x 2. A favorite 7x57. My Oberndorf sporter, "Intermediate" single square bridge action, semi-octagon ribbed barrel; DS trigger, c.thirties. Blue steel & real wood!

Congrats to your son in retirement and great dad!
Best & Stay Safe!'
John

Attached Images
R83-3U.jpg (24.51 KB, 131 downloads)
R83-4U.jpg (26.23 KB, 128 downloads)
Last edited by iskra; 10/16/20.