Well, my previous shopping around and what I thought I was after turned into a really good deal on a Rhino 450, from an acquaintance. He was good on basic maintenance (oil and filter changes, etc) but not into mechanic work deeper than that. He was the 2nd owner, buying the Rhino from his line company, as it mostly sat around the shop in lieu of other vehicles. End result was that he thought he had a 2003/2004, but VIN seems to indicate 2008, and I don’t think 450s existed before 2006, anyway....so, I got a newer UTV, regardless. Still has original tires, and you can’t see any wear. Other than having sat outdoors a lot with it’s first owners, I can’t find much to fault with getting the Rhino and a 6x12 tilt for what I did.

I’m familiar with the Yamaha 450 motor and diff, from my previous Yamaha ATVs. I’m not familiar with many Rhino nuances. I’m hoping some can chime in on that. I do need a roof, windshield, double check that sway bar is gone and spacers added/recall done (I think), and look at ways to mitigate some noise from the air box and muffler. Maybe a rear jump seat for the occasional extra body.

Suggestions and insights appreciated.