Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Prairie Dog Shooter: I would LOVE to find a Remington 700 Classic in 25/06 Remington!
My oldest VarmintSon has a Remington 700 BDL (with box magazine) in caliber 25/06 Remington. It has a Leupold 4.5x14 variable scope on it - he has taken Mule Deer, Antelope and Whitetailed Deer with it so far.
Sadly his full time job with the U.S.G.S. out on the west coast over the last 10+ years has precluded him from venturing "back home" to Hunt with the VarmintDad.
I love the looks and performance of the Remington 700 Classics and own them in 17 Remington, 221 Remington Fireball, 222 Remington (2 of these), 223 Remington and 7m/m Remington Magnum.
All of them have accuracy WELL above average IMO, IME.
I have been looking for a "deal" on a Classic in 25/06 for a LONG time now.
Enjoy yours.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well sir, those are so difficult to find. No one wants to sell them. I lusted after one for years and could not find any available anywhere. So I had to cheat and build one!

Started with a beat up 270 ADL I found in a pawn shop. Stock scratched, barrel blue rubbed off, but the action was not only pristine, it has a smooth bolt knob and a bolt locking safety. $200 cash out the door.
Purchased a take off, long action, Remington Classic stock off of the classified. Pristine condition except, the inletting for the bottom metal was tilted. Tightening down the action bolts would bend the floor plate. Nothing that a little steel bed wouldn't fix. Next I sent the action to Pac-Nor for a match grade 25-06 barrel contoured to match the factory classic barrel. Put it all together, with the action steel bedded out to two inches of the barrel shank, free floated the remaining length of the stock. Presto! Classic 700 in 25-06!

All the pieces ready to assemble.
[Linked Image]
The fake Classic 25-06 with the 25-06 Sendero

[Linked Image]

Sight in target.

[Linked Image]

Sometimes you just have make it your self.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775