Nice to hear of the success with the .25-06... It has been a while since I shot anything with my .25-06.. I built it as a long range coyote rifle, an adl rebarreled to 25-06 with a 27 inch Douglas air gauge premium barrel... I have shot many antelope, and whitetails with it and lots of coyotes, and a few mule deer.. For many years it was one of my three favorite calibers.. .22-250, .25-06 and 300wm.. Lately my 270 built similar to the 25-06 has edged it out for the number two position..
This fall my two step daughters were here for 10 days for their moms birthday and antelope.. When they arrived I had the 6mm factory, the .25-06 and the .270 sighted in and ready to go.. Before hunting, we went to a local gravel pit and set up a few plastic bottles filled with colored water and backed off to 200 yards.. I had them rest over the hood of the Tundra, and try what ever rifle they wanted.. No one picked the 6mm!! Surprised me!! The oldest one picked up the .270 with a 4-12 on it and wanted to try it.. two shot two bottles.. The youngest wanted to try the .25-06 .. It has a 12x leupold with dots from 200 to 600 yards.. Two shots two bottles... Great start... The youngest daughters grandson want to try a shot from the .25-06.. two shots two bottles... His first time ever with a centerfire rifles!! On the hunt the gal with the .270 dropped her buck with one shot from about 140 yards... She has shot a few deer in Mi. the youngest had never shot any big game but is an excellent rifle shot.. She dropped her buck with a 100 grain Sierra flat base.. The 270 had a 140 gr. Sierra HPBT.. Great shooting by two beginners...
My late wife and I have shot well over 250 antelope.. Her favorite rifle came to be a 7mm RM with a custom stock and barrel.. I have shot them with every thing from a .22lr through 375 H & H and .45-70.. The .25-06 is a good choice.. I have used 100 gr. BTBT, 115 gr. BTBT, 100 grain Sierra FB
The old 100 gr. FB is super accurate in all of my .25-06 s as well as the .257 Wea. when I had those.. Aside from deer, they are my favorite big game animal.. They make the best jerky of all wild game...

Molon Labe