Hi,

On the back of a 22LR box of Winchester Wildcats, there used to be a graphic of a guy shooting and something along the lines of dangerous to 1 1/2 miles. On a current box I have it just says in fine print, dangerous to 1 1/2 miles.

So, what happens if someone shoots at a coon or a squirrel in a tree and misses? Is the 22LR deadly on the way down? Do we have to worry about hitting satellites or other space debris as the mighty 22LR continues to break gravity?

If the 22LR is dangerous to 1 1/2 miles...are the supplies dried up because military snipers are buying up the ammo to replace their 338 lapuas and 50 cals?

I guess the real question is....when shooting any rifle cartridge - in this case a 22LR - what would be the angle one would have to shoot to really air one out there for a deadly shot, versus the angle that gravity has taken over and slowed your bullet to zero in the air and now it accelerates to terminal velocity on the way down...and is that terminal velocity deadly?

I just got to wondering when looking at the hunting regs and watching some coon hunting videos on the youtube 'You missed, shoot again' is kind of common, at night, in poor lighting, off hand on those videos.

Thanks for your interest and future reply, sarcasm, wit, or scorching.

LW