probably an old stereotype there mate. Once global travel became cheap, particularly all the borders in Europe opening up in the 90s, a younger group got abroad. Kids in Europe these days have all visited or lived in two dozen countries purely since its a short flight or train ride to do so over there. The evolution of the 'backpacker'( roaming hoards of partying youngsters hostelling it around countries).

We get a lot here being rainforest/coral sea tourist region. I say American tourists are still the older age groups, quite and well liked. Compared to say young Brits and Irish who are noisy louts these days for lack of a better word.

As to who won the war, you might get a shock as to opinions out there mate wink A lot of countries go with the numbers. The Russians killed about 3/4 of the enemy I think, more than all the allies combined. They also lost 1/5 of their population doing it.

Keep in mind I am no great friend of the Russians, my military service had me diametrically opposed to them. Amd I will say the US's involvement was absolutely necessary to win, and logistically you were backing the russians as well, which they needed.