Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by gunzo
...I'll preach it again. Fake news & even the media in general is the root of most fears, panics, disorientation & just plain screwed up attitudes of so many.

And yet, even those who realize this and know better buy into the panic and fears.

Suspect that in addition to the born-panic’d &hoarding personalities out there, there are also added a considerable number who are in the i-got-screwed-last-time camp and, fair enough, go out and buy “a little more” as a precautionary measure over the past few months. Not guys trying to fill a Conex buried in the backyard with primers and 22lr, but guys who’d normally pick up a few boxes of w209’s when on sale, wisely pick up double that, triple that. Powder, etc, same same. Guy might buy two boxes of ammo for deer season, instead buys half dozen knowing he dam sure wants to hunt next year, etc. Multiplied across the board.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.