Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
gunzo,

"The Clinton years were crazy for many items, but one distinct memory was primers. They nearly dried up over night. Hi cap mags, if you could find them were double to 4 times retail."

The Clinton years were also when the Internet started coming into more common use, and rumors started floating faster. One was that somehow the anti-gunners had arranged for primers to "go dud" within six months, so it didn't do any good to hoard newer primers. Which if course turned out to be utter BS.

The Clinton panic, however, did not last nearly as long as the Obama panic. I am hoping this one won't last very long either, but have my doubts. I think a lot of people have learned what some of us learned during earlier panics, to keep more stuff on hand.

Yes sir, but now if you do that you’re labeled a hoarder by the ones caught flat footed and out of luck.

And, if you are, and always have been, well-supplied, and you point out the panic, you will be labeled as being one of the foolish virgins who failed to have a supply of oil for their lamps.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.