I have owned several over the years, in several calibers. Now I have only one, but I just love it.

Many today make a lot of adoring mention of other single shot guns from Hagans and Dakotas and several others. I like most good SS rifles, but if I totally ignore the bait of "having one you don't" and admit to the pure truth, I like the Ruger at least as well and often even better then most of the others.

Some owners have leveled criticism about #1 accuracy over the years, and much of it is based in truth, but in my experience about 99% of the accuracy issues were related to so-so quality on the barrels Ruger used at times in the past. My current #1 is a 9.3X74R and it's exceptionally accurate. I owned a few others in the past that were consistent sub-MOA shooters too but a few that were 2-34/ to 3.5 MOA shooters. I have rebarreled a few "problem children": when customers asked, and the bad ones shot great once I put a new barrel in them. Overall, I love the #1 actions think highly of them.