Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Probably all in the supply change. When whatever circumstance that caused the price increases goes away the prices remain unchanged. People accept the price increases and sales continue - best way to judge a fair price. The correct price is whatever people are willing to pay. Political unrest in the US drives up the demand and the price.

fair prices can still be subject to price gouging, exclusive dealing, market manipulation, price fixing and other anti-competitive acts. I'm a bit wary of considering what the average guy wants to pay as fair, hes too dumb to know fair if it bit him on the leg. Keeping an eye on dealings between the big players is always a good policy.

Yes, I was being sarcastic with the "fair" and "correct price". Prices go up and people keep paying them - I think sales volume is preventing proper competitive pricing, might as well jump on the bandwagon with price increase across the board. Political and social unrest affects the market. I think manufacturers/suppliers are playing with pricing between them.

My strategy has been to bulk buy, to some extent - ended up being an excellent choice in all cases IMO.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?