Sadly I recently lost my best bud Mike to covid. He was an avid Gun Rights and Trump supporter. Mike was 48 years old, decent shape a little over weight and no real underlying health conditions. He worked two jobs as he work for the State and wired houses at nights and on the weekends. He got "the vid" as he called it last week. He had a sore throat and fever one day and got tested within two hours they told him he was positive. He went home and complained about being quarantined for 10 days.

I called him every day and joked with him the way friends do. The first day he shot his new Xbow and cleaned some guns, the next he shot his Xbow again but said he was winded when walking to pull the arrows. All along he said his Covid was mild and no worse than the common cold.

On day three, he vomited and lost his sense of smell and taste. On day 4 he had trouble breathing. He almost passed out in the bathroom and his wife who was quarantined with him called the ambulance because he could not get up. They took him to the hospital, he got fluids, steroids and a breathing treatment. They released him 6 hours later told him he had pneumonia. I talked to him when he got home our last conversation. He said this vid is kicking my arse. He complained about being behind on wiring houses and missing out on bow hunting.

The next morning day 5, he was back at the hospital having breathing issues 02 low in his blood. They ordered plasma and the Trump steroid. We joke via text his plasma came from a democrat.

The morning of day 6 Mike was at 0800 he was moved to the ICU. Then at 10:00 put on a ventilator due to his 02 level being so low again. By 10:00 that night he would be dead due to complete organ failure and no longer being able to keep his blood pressure up.

We are all in shock. Mike never wore a mask, he didnt believe in them. Not sure if they help or not but he is dead. Not sure if going to his funeral tomorrow is even safe. I know that I will never get to hunt with my old buddy again. People die, we loose friend in my world he will never be replaced. Use your time wisely , you never know when its your time to leave this earth.

I will depart with this Covid is real it killed my friend, there is no cure, protect yourself as best you can 99.95% of people live. I hope you never have a loss to Covid but it is possible. Where I live 11 people have died in 3 days from it. You never know when someone you love could be next. I still whip out my phone to text or call but he is gone.

Last edited by H5farm; 10/25/20.