Nice old Remington Model 722 from the late 1950's or early 1960's.
Chambered in 222 Remington.
24" barrel.
Bluing in excellent condition.
Original aluminum buttplate.
Rear sight has been removed, is not available.
Original trigger replaced with a Timney adjustable trigger and safety that allows operation of the bolt while safety is engaged.
Rifle has been bedded at the recoil lug and tang, and barrel channel relieved to free float barrel.

Scope is a fixed 12X Leupold with A.O. and covered target turrets, CPC reticle, mounted in Redfield rings on Leupold STD bases (windage adjustable rear base)
Glass and body are both in excellent condition, with a few minor scrapes/dents consistent with its age. Nice, bright scope with what I feel is one of Leupold's best reticles.

Known issues:
1. The stock is in pretty nice shape, but does have what appear to be a lot of small dings (compression or 'safe marks', not deep scratches) along the forend. Could be a great candidate for a refinish job or checkering. Still looks pretty handsome as is.

2. I haven't had it borescoped, but to my eye it appears there are some rough spots in the bore. Still, it shoots quite well. I easily developed a few loads with Hornady 50 gr SP's that grouped <0.75" at 100 yards.

Bonanza/Forster Bench Rest dies, Lapua brass, and a few bullets are available to buyer.

Asking $550 for rifle and rings/mounts, $250 for scope, or $750 for package as pictured, plus shipping to your FFL (from private individual). More than willing to meet FTF in the Missoula area or within a reasonable distance.

[Linked Image]

***More photos here***.

Last edited by Maxwell; 11/04/20.