As I sit here a read this I can only think about how precious common sense is. there are 5 harleys sitting in my garage right now a 1997 softail 58,000 miles custom, 2006 roadking 37,000 miles 2007 lowrider 76,000 miles ( the wifes ) , 2008 streetglide 30,000 miles, 2015 switchback (the wifes) the 07 has been lowered 2in in front and 2 1/2in in the back to fit my 115 lb , 5ft tall wife. the switchback has been done as well. they all have a lot of custom motor work as well as sending some stuff out to be custom fit things I couldent do. and I will say that you can go get on any of them and take of across country at any time. that being said just like the honda , triumph, kawasaki, or any other machine, there has to be maintenance , period .the harley davidson has a distinct vibration, and with any machine that shakes rattles and rolls , there will be things coming loose. so buy a rice burner and go riding. or buy a harley and go riding. eighther way you gonna have to tighten up something sooer or later.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!