Guys have been hunting deer for 70+ years with the M1 Carbine. Back in the 50s and 60s you could pick them up cheap. Even in the late 80's I was able to a few that came out of Korea for $125-$150 each. Clinton ended those imports.

In all those years, the general consensus of those hunting deer with the M1 carbine is that is marginal at best, and less than a perfect shot usually lead to an unrecovered wounded deer.

Broadside shot at less than 75 years? Yeah, it will work, but don't ask for much more from it.

On another note, I used to take my M1 Carbines to our 200 yard range and use the 10" metal gong as a target. With the issued open peep sights , I could hit the gong 7/10 times on a calm day. Fun, but no tack driver.

Honestly, hunt deer with something else and save yourself the frustration of tracking and losing a deer because you were under gunned.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo