Originally Posted by 458Win
Originally Posted by Bugger
I hunted Alberta last year - guided - bush plane included for moose at less than half the price it would have cost me in Alaska. We only saw cows, but still.

You can do cheap camping trips in Alaska too.

No kidding. I know more than a few places to hunt. I even know ones where you can see quite a few bulls. But rarely a legal bull.

Anymore the idea that you can do a non flight hunt and have a quality hunt with better than a 25% chance of success, well its simply not there so much anymore. Even fly out hunts have been burned out, folks had cash, could fly out wheelers into the bush just to hunt.

I know of one area where a 60 inch bull was easy. And its gone to the point that a legal 50 is awful hard to find.

I'm not sure last time KC was up, but things continue to change. And the big mop up on cows close to the road systems for the benefit of the insurance companies has cut moose numbers particularly a LOT where we hunt/hunted. Where we used to see moose all over, we see moose now and then sometimes not for a week or more at a time.

It does not help that in the non air accessed places people continue to feel the need that they have to have a wheeler trail like a checkerboard every half mile or mile it seems. I know that the moose in one area have not been overly thinned, but I cannot find where they have relocated to much, except for the fact they seem to be much more nocturnal than they used to be. And very knowledgable of what a wheeler or boat sounds like coming close....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....