Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Biden even said he was gonna come for them. At least sleepy Joe didn't bullshidt us on this one, I believe him.

This will get interesting

They'll have to get past my neighbors.

I talk to a sheriff quite a bit at the local hardware/auto store. He's definitely right leaning. We talk about these kind of laws all the time. He did say he will not participate in any kind of gun confiscation. Alot of his co workers won't either. He also said he will retire before being forced to.

NY can't even get LE to enforce this kind of crap. There are tons of upstate Sheriff's, DA's and other agencies that refuse to enforce it. Most of the state's gun owners have ignored Cuomo's SAFE act. 45,000 "assault" weapons registered out of the 1.5 - 2 million estimated to be in the state. A tiny fraction and this is NY. People said GFY and have ignored it. More political theater from Cuomo that the media doesn't expose. They keep allowing Cuomo to tout the SAFE act like it accomplished anything at all. Biden and the rest of them have no idea on the resistance they will meet. They have no way of locating a vast majority of the guns that are in this country.
Lots of people haven't turned them in but they ain't using them either. A lot of the county sheriffs aren't enforcing it but the state police will and have. A gun/magazine you're afraid to take out and use ain't good for a helluva lot.