Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by mag410
I find they drown rather quickly when weighed down with an 180 gr .308 bullet.

Shoot at a family group once and they’ll go nocturnal, leaving you with the mess to clean up in the morning.

Not that I would know about such things.

Every year I usually get a pair move in in early November. I have a ladder stand on the upper end of my lake that overlooks the same den they all use. Otters and beavers are easy to hit when you shoot down on them. Not so easy at water level. Sometimes I get a lone mail in the spring or summer. They come to the dock to see what the commotion is when I feed my bluegills in the late afternoon. In Mississippi beavers and otters are considered nuisance and may be terminated with extreme prejudice.

Our deer season starts the Saturday before Thanksgiving which means it can be as early as the 17th or as late as the 25th. One of the late years I did not see the otters until the start of deer season. They had been having a feast. I found a pile of scales on the bank that I don't think would have fit in a 5 gallon bucket. sick

Our deer open Saturday, but it is going to be 72°, too hot to kill a deer, but not to hot for varmints.

Last edited by mag410; 11/19/20. Reason: grammer