Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by TheKid
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
700BDL 17Rem 25gr Hornady HP @4100fps. Tiny lightening!

Best checkering pattern ever used on the BDL and a smooth bolt knob to boot!!

Damn fine looking rig.

Love me a dead coyote.

I could be wrong but I believe that is actually a Remington 78. Same thing as a 700 but with the smooth bolt knob and I think it was more of a budget rifle. That, or it is a gun put together from parts and pieces as I don't think the 78 was offered in .17 Rem.

Their site says the Rem 78 had an unchecked stock...but I had a 78 in .25-06 for a while with the same bolt knob and checkering pattern as above, which Remington's site says never existed....so who the hell knows???

Weird glare or something on that pic. It’s a 700BDL from the first year they made 17s and has a checkered bolt knob. Used to have irons too but they wouldn’t clear the scope so came off. I got it from the old timer that bought it new.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

It’s a killing machine.

Gotcha. That is a weird glare, for sure but I now see the bolt checkering and withdraw my earlier statement.

Fücker of the 10 gauge wimminz....my Mod 78 did not have a floor plate. It was basically a cheap metal and cheap wood 700 ADL. Looking closer at Kid's pic he does have a floor plate on his but it is barely visible in the first pic.

My bad for even bringing up bad info.....

No bad info. Like you said, some parts guns out there.

Now to find the 700 6mm that I saw once in late '80s or early 90s that to this day I believe was a Mountain Rifle.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!