Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Looks like there might have been rust on the receiver and someone wiped it too hard with steel wool. Barrel has a bunch of small dings and scratches, stock is definitely a refinish and butt plate is either painted or something. Finish is not correct on it. Action of rifle shows it's been hunted hard in a dirty environment. Looking at the bolt handle, it appears the rifle has been shot a lot. I'd like to see the bolt face to see how much etching it has on it. Likely quite a bit. The barrel looks like it has had a cold blue treatment near the muzzle end. A good look down the bore would tell a good story. Generally I can look down the bore with my naked eye and say yay or nay. I'm thinking the rifling may have a lot of use on it. Appears to have been freefloated as well, so there may be a known accuracy issue. Floor plate was probably not original to this rifle, based on lack of wear on the finish. It would be roulette or a gamble on a rifle like this. The rifle was owned, at one point in time, by someone that treated it as a tool, not a family heirloom, then someone else tried to beautify it. To sell it, most likely. I'm thinking the seller knows all this, the reason its priced accordingly...

smile..... Lever right rifle.. Leave r right where you found it.