Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by Pappy348
What’s loony, NOT Rifle Loony, is dragging a passel of internet goobers into your navel-gazing. Just get up in the morning and do what you feel like. Some of my best hunting decisions have been spur of the moment ones.

This is supposed to be fun, not a nail-biting inner struggle.

Funny, but isn't this all about dragging internet goobers into our inner turmoils? I mean otherwise, we'd be just writing John personal emails and being done with it. Meanwhile, John's out there. He could just be writing his articles and getting paid for it, and leaving us to stew in our own juices. I would prefer to think that we're all in this clown car together, merrily careening down the hill together.

BTW: I'm feeling much better. I got all my rifles boxed up to go home tomorrow, and I finally got a warm feeling of accomplishment. One more year of successful Cervid Serial Killing is now behind me, and I'll have a giant cooler of venison waiting for me on the way out.

I sure hope not. Introspection ain't a spectator sport.

OTOH, poking fun at other old farts definitely is.

Sorry to hear you’re folding the tent this early. I plan on getting out a couple days a week until the end of the year, even if I’ve got enough meat, just to be there.

What fresh Hell is this?