I've been running several -47 rifles in different diameters for some 12 yrs now. I have two favorites. One is a heavy, competition rifle I use for PRS and NRL matches. It has a Surgeon action. It's had several different stock/chassis, barrels, triggers, scopes and numerous barrels in 22, 6mm and 6.5mm. It's not a hunting weight rifle though i'm soon to have it's components swapped out to ready it for the recently announced NRL "Hunter" game where their will be two weight classifications; likely 12 or 16 lbs. A minimum power factor of 380,000 (velocity x bullet in gr = 380,000) and a max velocity of 3200 fps. Neither 22 or 6mm in addition to the 6.5mm, 100-107 gr weight class bullets will qualify.

The 2nd rifle is pretty much pure hunting. It's starts with a Pierce SA, set in a McM Remington Hunter stock with PTG BDL BM. A Shilen trigger. Broughton 24" #3 barrel. Forgotten name brand 20 moa pic rail, Farrell rings holding a NF NXS Compact 2.5-10x32/MOAR reticle scope. That rifle, used by yours truly or loaned to friends has accounted for numerous Western bucks, bulls and cows. Favorite bullets, though i've tested dozens, have been either the Barnes 127 gr LRX (Varget) or the Canadian 142 gr Matrix VLD (Rel 17). Longest buck was 500 yds and longest bull was 950.

IMO, the -47 case is an absolute awesome cartridge.

Enjoy,

Alan