Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Bored and looking to generate some data just for the fun of it.

The first center-fire rifle that was really and truly yours (not a family gun or loaner) - for what cartridge was it chambered?

Mine was .303 British

5sdad;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the second last Sunday in November has been a good one for you and this finds you and yours well.

The first center fire rifle I owned was a .303 as well, a Pattern 14 in this case and definitely a pattern in what I'd be doing with rifles for the rest of my life.

By way of explanation, I'll say that I don't believe I owned it much longer than a year, sold it to a buddy who I thought needed a rifle for about what I'd paid for it or a bit less - $15 - one way or the other and then bought something else before the smoke had settled.

To this day I have no idea how many .303's I've owned as some didn't make it out of the gun show they were purchased in...... blush

Thanks for the thread, some pleasant memories of a buddy who died way too young and a lifetime of fun trading firearms of all sorts. Happy Thanksgiving to you all too.

Dwayne

Dwayne, my best wishes to you as well. Mine was a MkIII for which I also paid $15.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.