Originally Posted by ingwe
Good on you that you stayed with him for the shot....so many don't.

He was always there for you, glad you were there for him.

As Ive told many others, he would do the same for you, if only he could.

The wife and I both went in with him. There was no way I was going to let him go through that by himself. About 6 weeks ago we found out he had prostate cancer, and it was hardened. They told us that he would be in pain when he took a dump which was true, even though he got pain pills. Sometimes he'd cry so bad I thought we were being selfish keeping him around, but when he was done it was like nothing happened and he came back to be with us like everything was good. The hospital told us we would know but not really how we would know. On Saturday night he got us up 4 times during the night to go out. He never did that, and he cried a lot. On Sunday morning he wasn't eating at all, and we had a bad feeling we knew it was getting to be time. We both wanted to deny it so we could keep him longer, but on Monday when he still wasn't eating we were pretty sure. We called the vet and they scheduled him for late afternoon. He didn't eat all day again and wanted out every little bit but couldn't do anything. We knew that it was time. They let us stay with him for a while after they gave him the shot. He was such a big part of our family. I still feel bad that we couldn't do anything for him. Our other lab made it 14 years and he got to the point he couldn't even get up, and I knew we had waited too long. I didn't want to do that. Ingwe thanks for your comment.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain