I just purchased a NOCO GB150 Genius 4000 Amp model. Note that there are also NOCO GB150 models that only have 3000 Amp capacity, evidently the word "Genius" in the model is the difference. I order the 4000 amp model from a well respected online company and what I got was the 3000 amp model. When I spoke to them they insisted I ordered a GB150 and a GB150 is what they sent me. After pictures of what I received and a copy of the description of the item ordered were sent and someone with common sense looked at it they allow me to return the wrong unit and get my money back, at least they said I would get my money back but I have not gotten credit yet.

I reorder from a different vendor because I had lost confidence in the original company I used.

Now a word on these units. You do not get the amperage out of these that they advertise, and that includes all the manufacturers. If a unit says 1000 amp that is what you would get under little load and at 90 degree temperature or so. A 1000 amp unit will be luck to give you 300 amps under heavy load in cold weather. For anything up to 3.5 L gas I would recommend a 2000 amp unit, anything over 3.5 L gas and up to 8.0 L gas and most likely diesel up to 8.0 L I would go with a 4000 amp unit. Most V8 truck motors have 600 to 800 amp cold cranking batteries for a reason.

My 800 amp unit I have had for a few years would only do my ATV's well.

Last edited by VaHunter; 11/25/20.