I read the same Rifle article and just never bought a low number RI or Springfield 03. Have had plenty of opportunity to buy higher number guns. I do know of a guy who bought a Sedgely 03 that did come apart on him at a cast bullet shoot using cast gc bullets and 5744 powder. No over load and the individual involved was a knowledgeable Handloader and a accomplished bp rifle competitor. He suffered some bruises, cuts, and abrasions from the incidence as well as a total loss of confidence in 03 Springfields. The rifle was totally destroyed so he was out all he paid for it but he felt that he was just glad not to suffer more injuries than he did. I am not going to mention the guy by name because he took enough crap about it all for 10 men. I brought this up not to disparage Jorge's purchase but to offer caution in it's use. I certainly would not use any ammo loaded to higher pressure than GI ball. " Hatchers Notebook " is pretty technical but a must read for 03 users anywhere. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "