Well gents, good news. The Sedgley is coming back. It's been sorted out. Also, here's more data on the actions some of you might find interesting:

Our Assessment: This is a rare customized Springfield Sporter by R.F. Sedgley Inc. Its deep blue finish looks great set in the hand checkered walnut stock. The following paraphrased information is taken from pages 73 to 80 of Michael Petrov’s book, Custom Gunmakers of the 20th Century:
Reginald F. Sedgley started in the firearms industry back in 1897. He became the owner of the firm he worked at in 1916 and renamed it R.F. Sedgley Inc. One of his firm’s endeavors was customizing Model 1903 Springfield rifles. Sedgley would purchase low numbered Springfield actions from the government at a discounted price due to their reputation of being brittle. The problems with low numbered Springfield 1903 rifle receivers is commonly believed to effect all rifles with a serial number lower than 800,000. That is not the case. The problems only affected serial numbers from 700,000 to 800,000. The previous fourteen years of production and 700,000 rifles did not have problems. The receivers between 700,000 and 800,000 were “over-hardened” which lead to the brittle receivers. The receivers purchased by Sedgley were inspected, annealed (heat treat to strengthen) and had the markings ground off. They were then re-heat treated and proof tested to 80,000psi. These receivers would eventually become custom Sedgley Springfield Sporter rifles.

link

Mine was made in 1906 and albeit sketch records, what is available shows zero problems with that year..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”