Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I'll ask a quick question on this. Most places I can see in very nice resolution, both on my computer and phone. One area I hunt is very close to a state line and also close to a place where road construction is going on (~1 mile +/-). On the computer I can see this sharp and with good resolution. On my phone it's fuzzy with a haze that looks like fog from either the state line or the road construction. Heavy on the suckage......suggestions on how to deal with it? I can go straight topo and everything is ok but anything with satellite (on or off line) is hazy.
I have the same problem sometimes. If I give it enough time, it'll clear up. I think some areas are just slow to fully load on the phone. As I scroll, each new place on the screen has to take time to load. It can get a little frustrating but it comes around eventually.

I can't figure OnX phone apps out. They're way too complicated for this village idiot.

I still slum the Garmin GPS and chip. It works fine for staying off private property or unit boundary ridgelines and such. I have watched friends get actual overhead pictures on their phones which shows timbered areas and open areas, which is REALLY useful.
I have Garmin with an OnX chip. For satellite, I can download a birdseye view. The problem is that after a few downloads, you have to pay extra for it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.