Is your car kept in a heated garge, unheated garage , or outside? How far do you drive?

Google it or talk to your local CarQuest/O'Reily/Napa. I think they come pretty cheap, and some can be installed under the hood and plugged in like a block heater. If outside, a battery heat cover may help, also. Cold batteries lose much oif their cranking power.

Just remember to unplug it when you leave ....... smile

I've been thinking of getting a shop model for my RV/Boat batteries, which are just out sitting on the bench in the heated garage. Topping them up every month or two is not really that much of a PITA, so I've been putting it off.... but old age is for lazy. smile

Our vehicles are kept in a heated garage, and it's about a 10 mile OW trip to town, That seems sufficient to keep the batteries up, tho I may put one and a battery cover(s) in the Expedition, for winter trips to the Interior, when the car has is kept out overnight in temps to -50. Block heater plugged in if possible.

So far, no problem, but I told my wife we are not going to go "camping" in a rental cabin without electricity again as we did last year. (-35) Getting up every 3 hours to warm the car and stoke the POS wood stove is for the young and/or foolish. smile

OK, I'm late to the party while typing, I see.

Last edited by las; 11/25/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.