A few years back, I parked my truck in the garage and went south for the winter. When I came back the battery was completely dead having powered all the security and what ever else that Ford has running through the computer. The last couple years I've had one of those low amp trickle chargers running only a couple hours a day on a timer and that worked well. This year reading the Battery Tender trickle charger instructions, it said that I could leave it connected and it would maintain a full charge in my one year old battery. Okay, since the cars get better mileage and I didn't need 4wd, I parked the truck for a couple of months with that trickle charger plugged in full time. Fast forward to the hunting season and 20 miles down the road my Sync system touch screen goes out. Ford dealer says my Apim is defective and it can't be rebooted. Coincidence maybe, but for the price of a new Apim and Sync display screen installation, I could buy lots of new batteries. I won't be plugging in that trickle charger full time any longer.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory