Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
I have been thinking of getting a NULA in .284 Win for awhile now. I have never seen one, but have heard good things about them? What is the balance like? I have a Barrett Fieldcraft that I really like, is very accurate and balances nice, but aren't made anymore sadly. And didn't come in the .284. Does the NULA have a similar feel?

I had a 22” #1 ULA in 284 and several others over the years. Sold them all. There’s nothing not to like about them, except the cost and the action is chrome moly. Also had several Forbes rifles and now have several Fieldcraft. My suggestion, if you have a Fieldcraft short action, would be to have it rebarreled in 284 Win if that cartridge is your preference. But, unless you are just nostalgic about the 284 (I was), I’d just do a 7-08.

I lucked into a Fieldcraft 7-08, and love it. I would put it up against the NULA any day. All stainless. Same quality stock bedded full length. Accurate. Timney trigger, etc. You know because you have one.

My Fieldcraft is a 6.5x55 and shoots great. As far as the .284 goes I have lots of cases so would like to keep going that route.