Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm thinking about buying one if I can get one, but I don't really think I need 30 rounds to deer hunt with.

Originally Posted by GeoW

Are you a man or a mouse?

The 2nd rat gets the cheese some say.

AR ownership has nothing to do with nor about deer hunting.
Period.

I hope that's not firearm snobbery - leads to division.

I used to use my M14 for all manner of Aussie game - the prudes used to say you don't need a 20rnd semi-auto to do that. I developed an in-built ignore function.

It’s hardly snobbery but is directly meant toward Americans owning legally what they want and for whatever reason they want as guaranteed by the 2A of our Constitution.

Repeat:
It ain’t about deer hunting.

Fair enough, sounded like you were alluding to AR being inappropriate for deer hunting (which may be the case in regards to cartridge/projectile) and only being suitable for purposes of the 2nd. In Aussie and NZ there was dissent in the ranks with some saying semi-autos had no place hunting, you know - you only need one shot etc, a single shot is all you need. It was internal "white anting" that worked against us.

I'm sure just like down there, people who don't use em for hunting or even own one, didn't care one bit. Hell, they don't own one so who cares....

Until it doesn't stop there.

Sometimes I swear that gun owners are the most divided group there is. Most don't think big picture, just themselves.

Joel there are several guys in our hunting group that hunt exclusively with ARs. Collapsible stock, up and down ladder stands, good optics makes one mighty handy for the wiley whitetails and the occasional group of hogs that you can literally hammer the piss out of.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.