ya it was out of an old Hornady Manual I have somewhere packed away here....

we moved 2 summers ago... 2018.. 2/3s of my world is still sitting in boxes, with Lord knows what in them...

But remember it well... had a pair of 7 x 57 Rugers, I got brand new.. and neither one would shoot worth a damn..
.5 to 8 inch groups at 100 yds.... I had bought the second one at a good price also, and was going to rebarrel one to
257 Roberts....or 6mm Remington... OR else just throw them in the Rogue River or Crater Lake...

One day while standing at the reload bench, I had a batch of 7 mm brass sitting there, so I decided to try one more thing, and there was a container of 3031 on the Reload bench.. and some 139 Grain SP from Hornady... so looked at the manual, and it had a load of 40 grains of 3031... so I thought, what the hell.. I'll give it one more try.. Loaded up 10 and went over to the range..

WTH? 1/2 inch group at 100 yds... that can't be right.. second batch of 5 gave me the same thing...

went home and reloaded those, with a 175 grain bullet that time... 10 more rounds...
two more 5 shot groups of 100 yds, tried that with 160s, 154s, 150 grain, 140 Corelokt... all 1/2 inch groups...

so that is how it came about... sold one to a campfire member in West VA... and passed on the load... which worked well for him..

My Model 70 Featherweight on the other hand will shoot ANYTHING I hand load, thinking it is a varmint rifle...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez