A few more shots of Big Eddy. Given his stature and the couple of brief periods she had him in sight, he gets a bit more coverage. Not the best of backgrounds, but if one looks closely (Ctrl + Keys), the extra points on his high right side show up. He was about 120 yds out, so it's taken some cropping to bring things in a little closer. He and his lady friend spent most of their time in a teasel patch. Sort of a thistle like plant, and they're extremely fond of the withered leaves in the fall. Nothing eats the tops or stems.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sort of has the oft mentioned "you owe me money" look

A last look with one of his lady friends in the background.

Probably the largest conventional 4by in the neighborhood. Took several trips out to find him within a reasonable range. Doesn't look very old, so maybe some improvement as he ages. Notches on the bottom of each ear might be an identifying characteristic.

Next, a couple of "twice in one's lifetime" shots. About 5 years back there was a black doe in the neighborhood for a couple seasons not to be seen subsequently. Thoughts were never again, but this year a black fawn appeared. A sibling to its right, mom and her suitor to the left.

Blackie was the product of a twin birthing, with its brother displaying a rather unique rear end for a mule deer. Should be easy to track if it makes it through a few seasons. A typical tail is evident in some of the other images here.

Last, a little closer look.

The best of Thanksgivings to all, and will add some more tomorrow.

Last edited by 1minute; 11/26/20.

1Minute