Originally Posted by copperking81
I don't care for cerakote and anything that gets painted on. I've been sold on DLC after seeing how well my Glock's with their DLC coating have handled years of abuse and thousands of unholsterings. Last year I bit the bullet and DLC coated two rifles. One is my backpack elk rifle and it's been through two seasons now, lots of miles, and it still looks brand new. The other is a bench rig that probably didn't need it but hey... it looks kickass and I had to have it.

Chad at Club Customs is who did mine and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to send him more. It is a bit pricey though but I think well worth it especially for rifles that are going to get worked.

http://www.jabuie.com/ionbond.html

I deal with DLC on an industrial basis & have a couple of AR bolts & carriers that are DLC & there is absolutely nothing better, it's extremely hard, very tough, slick & adds no measurable buildup..................but Ionbond as a company are a bunch of schitt heads. Fortunately, there are other companies doing (commercial, industrial) DLC besides Ionbond.

Hard chrome (Metaloy) would be my 2nd choice, PVD after that.

Black T & Black Ice both = Teflon................which has a tendency to chip.

MM