Originally Posted by LJB

On the flip side, I've often wondered the reason for the double radius shoulder in the first place. .

I fully expect it was derived the same way the foreend tip of contrasting wood was envisioned. Weatherby was a doodler when talking on the phone. He always had a pen and pad and scribbled stock designs during his phone calls. I would not be surprised if he simply scribbled the radius design during a phone call one day and then followed up on the concept for no other reason than exploring a potential marketing concept.

Don't forget this was the same era that Keith was writing about duplex reloading which is said to have confused the German's during an active war who read, followed and blew themselves up whereas Keith was actually threading internal primer tubes into his cases to theoretically permit the primer spark to move forward into the case before ignition so that powder burned forward and backwards to the case head. His term "Duplex", was incorrect technically, but he was famous enough that he would write and it would be printed. What this means is there was poetic license in the gun trade back then where as today's market is far more savvy.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.