Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

The Doctors who are signing the death certificate are saying the root cause of death in 264,875 cases was COVID-19. That is good enough for me. ...

This is beyond doctors, this is about protocol and how the institutions and CDC advise the doctors on how to code a death. For example you are in 86 years old and in hospice, multiple organ failure or heart disease and then you pass and they perform a covid 19 test pre or post mortem and you test positive, you have officially become a covid death by the coding. Everyone knows you were going to die anyway. Just to be clear, I’m not saying that this virus like others before it doesn’t exist , I’m simply stating that it’s not as bad as they are making it out to be...

This ^^^^^^^^^ ... To use an internet term, Covid has been "monetized". CDC is also playing word games. A couple weeks ago, their website said +200K deaths "involving Covid". Now their website says +200K deaths "involving Covid, Pneumonia, and influenza". First "involving" not "due to". The 6% number is "due solely to" So, currently 15,000 (6% of 250K) due "solely" to Covid. As AlaskaCub pointed out, many, many, many, deaths due to underlying conditions, are being labeled as Covid simply because that is where the money is...

The CDC website also has an interactive graphic that shows Influenza related activity, by state, by week, for the past 10 years. Interestingly, this week shows ZERO states or territories above LOW influenza activity. Same week last year, nine states had HIGH or VERY HIGH Influenza activity for the same time period. Not my data. CDC data. As far as 13 million cases of Covid in past 8 months... Not even close to the 60-80 million cases of the flu two years ago.

Can Covid be a bad actor for certain cohorts? Indeed. However, no more so than any of several respiratory infections for the same cohorts. I eaves dropped on the wife's news program this morning. Apart from Trump Bad and Harris Good, three story lines: Covid, Covid, Covid... 20 solid minutes of Covid coverage indoctrination...