Pulled the snowblower out last week and attempted to start it today.

if it sits for a few minutes, it will start up and run for about 10 seconds, then die.

First I made sure there was good gas flow to the carb - no issues there. I also put in a new spark plug just for the hell of it.

Then I took the carb apart - this one doesn't have any jets you can remove (as far as I can tell). At any rate, I cleaned it up and blew compressed air thru the main line. Put it back together, same deal.

Took the carb apart again and I noticed the bowl was pretty much dry, so I took the float out , cleaned it up - without the float pin - whatever that doohicky is called - gas will flow thru in a stream , but when I put it back in with the float assembled it just a few drips. I'm not sure if that's correct or not but it seems to be the problem.

I screwed around with it a few more times and decided I'd just reassemble the carb without the float - and bingo - snowblowers runs great, but about 20 seconds after I stop it, gas is pouring out the carb of course.

Doesn't seem that complicated but I can't seem to find the sweet spot - the float is plastic and there is no way to adjust it.

I had another carb laying around that had a deeper bowl that fit, so I cannibalized it - it did help a bit - the motor would run for about 35-40 seconds, then it would eventually starve itself of gas again.

I gave up and ordered a replacement carb to be here on Monday, but I don't understand why I can't get this float to work like it used to.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings