[/quote] Why are 7x57 “fanboys” asking Mule Deer to write about the 7x57? Gee isn’t sort of self explanatory?

[/quote] What's he going to say that hasn't already been covered a thousand time over? By writers of the past. I have a lot of respect for the 7x57, but damn [/quote]

Well, gee, BSA, I might just have something sorta new to say about the 7x57, having taken 16 species of big game with it in various places around the world since the 1980s. Also used a wide variety of newer bullets and powders to do so, far more than the average hunter usually tries, in a dozen 7x57's to get a handle on what works in rifles with everything from military-style long throats to modern short throats. And that doesn't include my Sauer drilling in 7x57 Rimmed.

In fact, I could put together a decent little book of relatively just by arranging and rewriting. I also wouldn't bore the snot out of readers by repeating the same stuff about Bell and elephants, though I probably would include the very quick mention I made of that in one article--which eventually became a chapter in GUN GACK I. The photo is of another photo of a herd of elephants, with a 7x57 round loaded with a 173-grain military solid (the same basic ammo Bell used) laid on top the elephant photo. The caption reads: "No hunter can mention the 7x57 without bringing up elephants, so we might as well get it over with." But I might also mention that Bell's favorite elephant round was NOT the 7x57, as so many casual students of the cartridge assume.

But it ain't gonna happen, because anybody who really wants to read the stuff I've published on the 7x57 (and apparently some do) over the past 30 years can probably find it. There's even another chapter on it in GUN GACK II--on handloading it with the newer bullets and powders mentioned earlier--along with a practical solution to safely load ammo for rifles with a wide variety of throat dimensions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck