Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by worriedman
Crossfire salvaged an old Iver Johnson I inherited from my Grandpa that had a barrel bulge, would not take a dime for his work.

Good man and good friend.

Leroy and ISRO can apply negative pressure to my rectal opening, faocktards both!

Greg was an interesting cat, for sure! The guy could build, make, or engineer about anything it seemed.

He fixed up an old Stevens Favorite for me. It is my favorite rimfire rifle by far.

Vaya con Dios!

As an aside, how sad a sack of schit must one be to troll a dead man on an Internet forum? It could be comical if it wasn’t so fuggin pathetic.

MadMooner;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully the Thanksgiving long weekend has treated you all acceptably and this finds you well.

Greg and I corresponded a fair bit over the years - he'd call me "Hoser" - a Bob and Doug McKenzie reference from his days on this side of the medicine line. laugh

We eventually determined that we may well have met when he was managing a PetroCan gas station on the west side of Calgary that I filled up at a few times. Funny how small the world can get isn't it?

Anyways I'd pick his brain about everything from plastic welding to the merits of various bearing types for certain applications and as you noted, his input was usually experience based and pointed me in the correct direction for a solution.

He'd ask about it afterward too, so he was interested in still learning, which in my view and experience speaks to an individual who is still attempting to better themselves.

Oh, he sent me a book too, which reminds me I should add to my winter reading list again. It'll remind me of him and frankly too many of my friends and mentors who've left much too early for my liking.

I suppose that reminds us all however that the words we peck out here will remain indefinitely for others to read and either be edified or horrified, whichever is appropriate you know?

All the best to you as the days get shorter and colder sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"