There have been times ive used one. Honestly i mostly use a cheap Fiskers $25 hatchet for pounding tarp stakes, maybe a nail or two, and processing down wood. I keep it knife like sharp though if i need to use it in lieu of a blade for food prep or who knows what.

Ive had the Wyoming saw but i prefer the Bacho Laplander bushcraft saw as its teeth are medium aggressive and it will serve on wood or bone if called upon. Its better in this respect than the Silky brand pocket saws because the blade is more durable and will not snap if in a bind, but it is not as efficient as the Silky brand in wood cutting. But overall its more durable and has a less hard blade for toughness. To clean up is easy. Just cut a little bit of wood and it self cleans that blade of debris before washing.

I think that the guys with really spendy hunting knives are nuts and those custom skinning knives are a fad and not necessary. Those folding pocket scalpel blades are good for taking off hides and fairly cheap and have replaceable blades. Most guys cant sharpen a knife worth a damn anyway and dont know what their doing so replacable blade make sense for some.

Personally my breakdown kit is an Swiss Army knife in the pocket and my fixed blade is a thin Mora Kansbol or a $11 Outdoor Edge fieldskin fixed blade and an small "fine" diamond stone. My stuff is thin and light so im able to cut and saw fast and efficiently. Also my stuff is affordable and cheap

Mora Kansbol $40
Outdoor Edge $11
Bacho Laplander $20-25
Fiskars hatchet $25