Originally Posted by Seafire
Although I am big on using 3031 in the 7 mm Mauser..

I'll concede, you can't go wrong with RL19 or H 1000 with it and the heavier bullets..

with neither powder can you exceed, much less get near, SAAMI max specs for a decent American major manufacturer action...

As Burley Boy caught this, I need to revise this thread to be clearer..

First I had to be brain farting to come up with using 4198, when I was thinking more along the lines of RL 19....so I have corrected it above in red...

That statement of neither would exceed, SAAMI Specs, certainly didn't apply to 4198
RL 19 or H 1000 should apply tho...

My apologies that it is too late to edit the thread now, or even delete it...or I would have for the reasons Burley Boy pointed out...

Thanks to Burley Boy for catching my screw up here... which I consider a big one..

I use a lot of 4198, but with a load such as this, it would be 30 grains of it and that load would be when hunting at what I call 30/30 ranges..
in a timber area....150 yds or less ( or there abouts)...

Normally use 4198 with the lighter bullets ( 100 to 130 grains),.... H 1000 with the heavier bullets 160 gr and up...

Maybe I am getting Alzheimers earlier than expected.... so one more apology to campfire folks...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez