Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
All conditions. The backcountry is the last place I want to deal with a scope failure, so a few extra ounces to hedge my bets with a scope that will keep working right is a small price to pay, IMO. The SS 3-9x is my preference for that application.

Agreed. I'm always perplexed when some people are bothered by how others choose to scope their rifles (not directed at OP, just an observation). This conversation comes up quite often. I have lightweights with heavy scopes and lightweights with ultra light scopes. I have heavy rifles with heavy scopes and heavy rifles with lightweight scopes. Each has its own purpose for me and some are just convenient. My first thought when the question "why a heavy scope on a lightweight rifle" comes up is usually "it's probably because the lightweight rifle with the owner's preferred scope makes for a much lighter package than would the same scope with a heavy rifle". My second thought is, "it must be what the owner prefers".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ