I find Burris glass entirely acceptable for hunting legal shooting hours - 30 minutes before after sunrise/sunset. I'm not much on having the absolute 'brightest' low light scope. I hunt 2-3-4 states every year from western elk/deer to whitetails in a couple states. I've used the Burris Fullfield II, e1, and Veracity and have managed to shoot more than a few animals throughout the day.

I think upper end Leupolds are a bit brighter than Burris glass. Same with Zeiss Conquest line. I'll trade a few degrees of brightness for repeatable tracking and holding zero.

I've also found Burris scopes to be pretty darn hardy, meaning they can take a bump without losing zero. I've run several tall target tests with the Veraciry and SHV side by side and found them almost identical with respect to tracking and repeatability. I dont do alot of turret twisting so cant comment on longevity of the consistency in tracking. I also dont shoot past 400 yards on unwounded game so cant comment on long range repeatability.

Long winded way of saying, I find them entirely acceptable for hunting.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.