Originally Posted by z1r
The two piece triggers used can be problematic is the action screws are allowed to loosen. Accidental discharge can occur if the bottom metal is not held secure. Any 98 trigger can be easily fitted, to the action. The stock will typically require some modification.

That's a relatively easy fix. Some blue Loctite and they won't come loose. I have five M50s, four in 30-06 that I originally planned three as donors and one that was chambered to the .270. The .270 was one of the early ones and had the dovetail slot for the rear sight centered over the chamber and not in the normal place on the barrel. I rebarreled that one to 7x57 and put a different stock on the gun. The fellow that owned it before me was a little guy and had trimmed about an inch and a half off the butt.

Several came with Timney triggers when I bought them but two still have the original two piece triggers and the Loctite has held up just fine so far.

I posted a while back that I had a copy of other owner's manual and would copy it for the OP of a different thread if I could get my printer working. Still doesn't BTW and it's a brand new one. Someone sent me an address but didn't say what for? Cleaning up the computer and it's gone so if it was the OP here, I'll see if I can get it done.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE